It seems to me that IBM could get a lot of mileage out of sites/stories such as
the one below. IBM should work out a 'Showcase' deal with them. In exchange for
some kind of discount or whatever, the customer/site would agree to act as a
reference.

I did a temporary facilities management deal for a company quite a few years
ago. They'd been bought and the parent company was hard at work on an 18-month
project to convert their S/38 apps over to the parent's Digital system of some
sort. When I got there, the project was somewhere around the 2-year mark and
estimate to completion was still 18 months.

The _big_ hangup at the time was all the subfiles -- there was nothing like
them on the parent company side, possibly still isn't. They seem old to us, but
they're sure handy in an interactive app. We can take such things almost for
granted.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta