Mostly, it was a GUI interface that they wanted. Plus, they couldn't get
information out of the system in a format they wanted (Excel). A few CA
file transfers and a copy of SEQUEL later, and they calmed down. Plus, they
had been left at V3R7 by a BP who forgot about them (how can you forget
about a $600 million construction company?).

To make a long story short, a slick Oracle salesman got in front of the
CFO, and sold him the world. Told the CFO that Oracle was the future, and
Oracle Corp. had the application software the company needed. Never mind
the fact that Oracle didn't have a job costing module that every
construction company lives and dies by. You should have seen the look on
the Oracle guy's face when I explained to him that project managers and
accountants keep score by two entirely different methods, and trying to
track job cost thru the G/L simply doesn't make sense. That's when Oracle
started writing a job cost module (3 years and still waiting).

Gotta run.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell