Frankly I would rather not have a site limited in functionality because to
get some desired function would require something that 1% of the browsers
in existence do not use.  You can't tractor on the interstate; don't take
limited browsers on the information superhighway.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Raul A. Jager W." <raul@xxxxxxxxxx>
04/22/2005 02:06 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: ASP Threshold information

It is hard to make pages that will work with every browser, but we do
have  W3C that has usefull tools to check if a page is correct or not.
I realize "correct" may be relative, but I rather visit a page correct
acording to an independent standard than a page correct only for a
particular vendor.

Doug Hart wrote:

>Most of you missed the intent of my post.  IBM has pushed us very hard to
>get web enabled.  That's why I chose an IBM site to pick on.  The web is
NOT
>the answer to all our wishes.  If a site uses cookies I don't by from
them.
>If they use a pop-up I don't see it as it's blocked.  The security of my
>desktop is more important than being able to show some Active-x or Java
>script trick only IE supports.  I have every right to use Firefox,
Netscape,
>Opera, ... browsers on any platform Win, MAC, Linux, ... that I choose.
>expect your visitor to conform to a "standard" is bogus.
>
>If IBM insists on the web for it's primary customer interface, then they
>need to ensure that it works correctly in EVERY environment.  If that's
not
>doable then perhaps the inet is not the answer we're being sold on.
>
><Sorry, David I'll not post here again on this topic.>
>
>---
>Doug Hart

list