From: Jim Franz [mailto:franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 April 2005 16:31
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Emailing statements and invoices

I've used pdf for customer's to reprint their own previous statements from a
website. No complaints in a year, except we strongly recommend users change
the Adobe defaults to always open a pdf in a new window (current default in
Adobe is to open in the browser, which causes a huge amount of problems).
We will start sending originals via email soon, but only to customers who
agree. We have already had some customers threaten to go elsewhere if we
inconvenience them, forcing them to print their own. Some of the statements
can be over 100 pages, and some ISP's may block that size file. Zip it and
some customers won't know how to handle.. And self extracting does not work
on "all" pc's due to Windows differences and AOL users seem to always be
"different". Also, some customer's network email server may auto block
attachments unless you meet certain criteria. jim