> From: Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Now Joe, I don't disagree with your viewpoints at all.  I just happen
> think that in certain circumstances the cost differential is to large
> not lead with.  If a rational analysis is done (key word if, oh wait
and
> also rational) the iSeries will come out ahead a lot of the time.  So
> perhaps I should have said something more in line with 'What about
> downtime? And by the way, I bet it isn't more expensive'..............

I'm not arguing at all, Mike.  I understand that you are simply
questioning where exactly the emphasis should go.  It's the same when
I'm explaining why JSP Model II is architecturally superior to RPG-CGI;
which issue is going to make the most sense to the audience?  I just
wanted to be sure that you weren't being seduced by the masses of
apocryphal non-data out there that purport Windows to be as stable as
the iSeries.

There is some real evidence that a properly maintained Windows server
can be pretty stable, but the claims that it's more stable than the
iSeries are unfounded.  The only person from the "dark side" whom I
trust at all on this issue is Walden, and even he is clear that it
requires a properly configured and maintained Windows box to stay
stable.

> And as a result of some of these discussions I do have an updated
> resume......

That's funny in a really sad way.

Joe