Rob,

You wrote:

"I think it's best to just give Joe the last word on this one.  He's
pretty
passionate about the iSeries, (like many of us), and regardless of
statistics, he'll have a counter for anything thrown up.

Doing so will allow us to move on to other topics.   :-)

Rob Berendt"

Truer words were never spoken by you and Joe.

Unfortunately, the perception and reality problems outlined in this
thread, of folks moving from the perceived old technology to the
perceived better, or worse yet never even considering the iSeries, still
remains.

I think it is always imperative to have periodic awareness, from the
outside world like was originally put in this thread, to keep a group in
touch with the real world.   Its kinda like a 12 step program or a 5
phase problem solving process; first you have to recognize and admit to
the problem.    Then you have to go about identifying the best,
unemotional, non-passionate solutions that can be done to solve the
problem; ones that will have the most positive impact.  Then pick the
best one(s) to implement and follow-up.  The first step is one of the
hardest.

Take care,

Dave