Wilt, Charles wrote:
> You can do the same on the iSeries.  But as Bruce pointed too have
> multiple databases on the iSeries you need to use independent disk
> pools.  Try saving a schema on SQL Server or Oracle, ie. all objects
> owned by a particular user, and restoring it to another
> schema....can't be done in either one AFAIK.

All this is very interesting ... but it still doesn't address my main
contention.

On other SQL servers (MSSQL specifically in my case) I can backup a the
object that contains all elements of the dataset I am operating on
('database' on SQL server) and restore it with a new name.  I just did
this on MSSQL and it took 30 seconds (small database).  The only thing I
had to do manually is type in the new database name.

Such behavior *SHOULD* be 2nd nature on the iSeries.

For the most part it *IS* 2nd nature ... except for the journals (PF's,
LF's, constraints, etc, are all restored fine).  There *SHOULD* be a way
that I can restore a SQL collection with a new name and have it be fully
functional.

david

--
David Gibbs
david@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email