True. I may not have been precise enough in my language there. My fault.

Generally in dealing with iSeries shops, when they say primary key, they
aren't usually refering to a "real" SQL DDL primary key constraint, but
either a logical file's or the physical file's key specification that
they consider to be primary.

No matter. What I was getting at was is this a mixed DDS and SQL DDL
schema/library or completely SQL DDL schema?

In the case of the former, I know that unique keys in physical files are
"consumed" by the process of adding a primary key constraint to the file
if that access path can provide the constraint. What I don't recall is
the "sharing" of access paths if the so called "primary key" is actually
in a logical file when the DDL primary key constraint is applied. (Is it
shared or not?)

And in the case of the completely SQL DDL schema... is it managed by a
tool or at least by a member/file of DDL statements?

Now, as I read back... I dunno... maybe I'm still confusing? <VBG>

--
"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."
-- Oscar Wilde