Charles,

You wrote:

"As others have pointed out....this is a limitation of the QM
application.  Printing on the iSeries, like printing on Windows requires
the application doing the printing to determine orientation.  On
Windows, there's a page setup for each application.  On the iSeries, the
setup is in the printer file(s) used.

Unlike Word, QM doesn't provide an end-user friendly way to change this
from the application; QM relies on the OVRPRTF command.

1) Purchase a query package designed for end-users....SEQUEL comes to
mind.
http://www.asc-iseries.com/sequel/

2) Wrap the STRQM and STRQMQRY commands in your own commands and CPP
that allows you to specify what you need and does the proper OVRPRTF."

But couldn't I just do what Dan suggested by creating two or more print
files with the CRTPRTF command, tie that into the appropriate output
queue and writer and volia?  Or am I missing something?

1) I already have a query package designed for end users.. NGS-IQ, for
good or ill.  If I recommend another, it will be more of a data analysis
tool as I think three straight reporting tools on our system is enough.
Have said all that, I still don't see how SEQUEL would change what needs
to happen vis-a-vis proper print file/queue/writer configuration unless
SEQUEL is doing it underneath the covers. But at some point someone
would have had to do the base config of all the printer and of what they
are capable.

2) I agree when I do any programming that calls STRQM or STRQMQRY.
However, in this case with already established apps, I'm trying to avoid
building something if I can use the system's config capabilities to get
the job done.

Thanks,

Dave