Ken,

One problem w/ the default FTP EOL characters is that there is no control over this behavior. I am FTP'ing the file to a Unix server, but it still seems to send the full CR/LF, not just LF. Also, compounding the problem is the I want to use CPYTOIMPF from a regular DB to a flat file, so that I can convert to a tab delimited file. Unfortunately, that command requires an EOR delimiter, even when copying to a DB file. Also, it can only be ONE character AND *CRLF is not valid!

It looks like I'm going to have to use the IFS. This allows doing the CPYTOIMPF, with the proper EOL characters and the conversion to ASCII, so when it gets FTP'ed to the Unix server no additional conversion takes place.

 -mark