Yes, OS X does have samba built in.

From Finder
Go -> Connect to Server
Then use smb://servername/

On Feb 23, 2005, at 4:29 PM, Pete Helgren wrote:

Seems to me that a Mac Samba client should talk to NetServer. I can't imagine that IBM built netserver to only talk to a Unix/Linux Samba client. Have you looked at Mac Samba clients? (is there such a thing or is that built into OS X?)

Pete Helgren

Michael Ryan wrote:

One wonders why IBM is so dead set on not providing support for anything
except Windows workstations. My advertising department is using Macs for
page layouts and such. I want to be able to map an iSeries directory using
NetServer out so the Macs can establish a drive. Can't be done...here's
IBM's take on it:

"Problem Summary:
Can MacIntosh PCs map network drives to iSeries Netserver?

Resolution:
iSeries NetServer provides no support for the MacIntosh operating system. It
is not possible to map a network drive to the NetServer using a MacIntosh
PC.

Note: iSeries NetServer provides support for PC's running Windows networking
code (Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP). Beginning with V5R1M0 iSeries 400 (with
additional PTFs applied), the NetServer also provides support for the Samba
client used by Linux/Unix clients."

WDSC only works under Windows, NetServer drives can only be mapped to
Windows, Webfacing only works with Windows...bleah...