Part of that is also the declining enrollment for those classes, which
is probably as a result of decreasing demand for iSeries programmers. I
developed the AS/400 curriculum for a community college in mid-Michigan.
We were going gangbusters in the mid 80 to early 90s...classes were
full...we were teaching RPG and Operations and tons of good
classes...even had a distance learning program over the Internet. But
then the market started drying up...AS/400 programmers weren't much in
demand, so classes were cancelled and fewer offered in subsequent
terms. Eventually the program just stopped...while the C++ and Java and
Microsoft Office product classes were full. The college has a mission to
meet the needs of the community and they were doing that.

Quick search on Monster...iSeries OR AS/400 - 14 hits; Java - 182 hits;
java and (iseries or AS/400) - 0 hits.