Rob,

Thanks for the tip. The functions monitored by the exit point
(QIBM_QPWFS_FILE_SERV Format PWFS0100 functions shown below) seem ideally
suited for virus-checking, but I don't seen anything that looks like a
'file   close' function to indicate when it is safe for me to play with
the file contents. Perhaps some value on the 'Change file attribute
request' would work, or maybe I could loop until all file locks were
released...

     * X'0000' - Change file attributes request
     * X'0001' - Create stream file or directory request
     * X'0002' - Delete file or delete directory request
     * X'0003' - List file attributes request
     * X'0004' - Move request
     * X'0005' - Open stream file request
     * X'0006' - Rename request
     * X'0007' - Allocate conversation request

 John King