From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:55 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Novice AS400

Mark,

I suspect a name resolution problem.  I have always been most successful in
OpsNav connections, at least initially, when I use the IP address of the
iSeries. Next, I make sure that the host file has the entry that resolves
the address.

I'd try the IP address as the System name and, if that works, then I would
add:

myservername.mydomainname.com.au  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (your IP address) to the
host file on your PC running Ops Nav and see if that works...

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
801.581.1154 x202