> Hey, don't insult Linux because someone implemented lousy programs on it.

I've seen really bad Linux distributions used intentionally, as what I'm
firmly convinced is a sort of "bait-and-switch" tactic to sell "boxed
product" WinDoze XP.

It seems that, at least as of about a year ago, Fry's was selling a
dirt-cheap Windoze-free box with a really awful Asian-made (either Hong
Kong or Singapore, I think) distro called "Thiz Linux." About the only
good thing about it was that it apparently came with a driver for the
WinModem the box came with. It also came with instructions on how to do a
Windoze XP scratch-install.

Instead, I did a Red Hat 8 (Dummies book edition)/IBM PC-DOS 2000
dual-boot scratch-install, and put in a real modem. The box ended up just
cranky enough to be endearing, and it's completely free of all post-1990
Microsloth products.

--
JHHL