Somebody correct me if I'm wrong <ducking> but I think this goes back to a
comment that I made about using port 23.  Technically it's possible
although for security and other reasons you may not want to do so.
Actually, if I remember correctly I was just trying to infer that Client
Access wasn't a telnet client.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Wilt, Charles"

                      <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion
                      Sent by:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      idrange.com                 Subject:  RE: RE: RE:
Accessing AS400 Through Port Redirection

                      01/19/2005 01:03 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

                      <midrange-l@midrange

                      .com>

"Wilt's reply....."???

Boy that brings back some memories.  You weren't by change in the military
were you Doug? <grin>

In any event, I wanted to add my .02 about the idea of not using port 23 on
the public side.  Given the extensive use of port scanners, I'm not sure it
really matters.  Certainly it doesn't hurt, but I wouldn't let it give you
a false sense of security.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America