But see, I don't want to have to reconcile any change, regardless of how
minor.  Not only that, but the change may cost you some downtime and
frustration, and even an extra IPL or two, until you remember to modify
your startup to take the new enhancements into your startup.  I already
have enough fun everytime I upgrade.  I like my method.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Wilt, Charles" <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/19/2005 12:51 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: System value QSTRPRTWTR

Rob,

It's really not that difficult to just use your own startup program.  I
typically do a RTVCLSRC on QSTRUP, copy it to a new member, MEAASTRUP for
example, and add any additional code I need.  When I add the code, I make
sure it stands out from the IBM code.  I compile it to use adopted
authority.

Then just change the QSTRUPPGM system to use my custom program.

When I upgrade, reconciling any changes to IBM's QSTRUP is pretty simple.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121