Rob,

In the case of Client Access 5250, no it's not just telnet.  There are other
ports CA uses when you start a 5250 session.

Now I believe some of the other 5250 emulation products do use only port
23-telnet, but don't hold me to that.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343