We had the same situation.  In the joblog from the save you will see
something like
CPF3777-2408 libraries saved, 1 partially saved, 0 not saved.
This may be preceded by some other message.   Let's assume that you did
the obligatory ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED and it was not an object in use.  I
searched the joblog for 'not saved', case specific.  I found:
CPF3763-DTAQ QTOFARQRY in library QUSRSYS previously damaged.
Act quickly before your GO CLEANUP clobbers your joblog.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/18/2005 01:38 PM
Please respond to

"'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Entire system save

This weekend we did an entire system save.  Everything went smooth except
for one object in QUSRSYS was not saved.  For speed, we do not update
history when doing backups so I cannot query the object in qusrsys and see
what was not backed up from the object descriptions.  Outside of display
the
tape *SAVRST for the sequence number for QUSRSYS and manually comparing
the
3036 objects, how can I find out what was not backed up?  We have system
auditing turned on so would the accounting journal have an entry for the
object that was not backed up?  If so, what would be the journal codes to
look for?

Christopher K. Bipes
Manager of Systems Administration
CrossCheck, Inc.

707.586.0551, ext. 1102
707.585.5799 FAX
chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.cross-check.com

NOTE: This e-mail may contain restricted confidential information and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review
or distribution by others is strictly prohibited and is for internal use
only. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete all copies.
list