You should have some lines in your QSTRUP like this:

     QSYS/RTVSYSVAL SYSVAL(QSTRPRTWTR) RTNVAR(&STRWTRS)
     IF COND(&STRWTRS = '0') THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(NOWTRS))
     CALL PGM(QSYS/QWCSWTRS)
     MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
NOWTRS:

That program, QWCSWTRS should be rockin' through all your printer device
configurations looking for ones that are set for ONLINE *YES and starting
them up. If there's a problem, it should be in the job log of your QSTRUP
job.

Note that TCP/IP starts up asynchronously in the QSTRUP. We've had some
problems with remote writers starting because TCP/IP wasn't fully
operational by the time QSTRUP hit the print writer startup. Not a big
deal, just re-arrange your QSTRUP or even put a WAIT in it.

Dan

rob@xxxxxxxxx
01/17/2005 10:48 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: What starts printer writers?

I figured that out and, yes it is set for online *yes

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Bryon Cook" <bryonc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
01/17/2005 11:39 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: What starts printer writers?

Sorry I left out part of this:

If you do a (WRKCFGSTS *DEV P01A01) on the 570 is it set for online at IPL
*YES?

Then take option 8, then option 5, page down until you see the online at
IPL
value.  You can change it by using option 2 instead of option 5.

Sorry for the confusion!