subject: Re: PTF to fix CPYTOIMPF & trailing blanks?

> Is your DB2 file using variable length fields, or fixed length fields?
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> PO Box 2000
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
>

> I want to use CPYTOIMPF to create a CSV file on a V5R2M0 box.
> This mailing
> list's archive reports that CPYTOIMPF leaves trailing blanks in the
> fields.
>
> Has IBM created a PTF for V5R2M0 to fix this issue, or do I
> have to wait
> until V5R3M0 is installed on our box? My search for a PTF
> came up zero.
>
> Thanks,

* Paul Stagnoli

Getting in sort of late here...I went through the same issues, opened a PMR
with Support Line, and was informed that it works that way by design.  So,
there are no correcting PTFs.  I ended up using CPYTOSTMF and the IFS root
directory (in case you happen to be using another file system) to get around
that issue.

Buzz Fenner
Systems Analyst/Network Administrator
City Water & Light
870.930.3374
mailto:bfenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
 PRIVACY WARNING: For auditing purposes, a copy of this message has been
 saved in a permanent database by the Net Integrator at jonesborocwl.org.