I'd like to see the design/build documentation on this one!  With
offshore, you get what you specify.

Many offshore firms, for whatever reason, think of themselves as pure
"service" firms and therefore eschew developing on their own systems.
I'll admit to not understanding that (il)logic, especially when it's a
fixed-price contract.  I suspect it's actually an unwillingness to
have system support personnel (i.e. they rely on the client's
resources); a moderately decent frame relay line between the U.S. to
India pays for a nice little i5 screamer and provides good isolation
between the offshore test environment and the onshore production
environment.

I have experience in this area.

-reeve