I can't find it at the moment, but I thought with the current version(s)
of OPS Console you could set the IP address range being used. I have in
the past working with the support center done a REGISTRY HACK to set the
IP address being used. Try searching the registry using the REGEDIT for
192.168.0
and see what you find.

_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Neil Palmer/DPS <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
11/26/2004 07:05 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Operations Console (was I5 systems in production)

Vern,

I guess with a direct connection you're stuck with 192.168.0.x

If you run any software that enables SOCKS on your PC (the PC accesses the

Internet through a firewall, such as Microsoft® Proxy Client, Hummingbird®

SOCKS Client, NEC SOCKS 5, or others), you cannot route the subnet for
192.168.0.0 to the firewall. Operations Console uses addresses in the
range of 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255. Incorrect routing causes Operations

Console to fail. Check your SOCKS configuration and make sure that the
entry is:
Direct    192.168.0.0    255.255.255.0

This may not help then if you are using direct connect cable and not a LAN

console:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzajr/rzajrchgnetvals.htm

PS - This V5R3 change for Ops Console may be of interest:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzajr/rzajrconsoletakeoverandrecover.htm

...Neil

Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
2004/11/25 12:05

cc

Subject
RE: I5 systems in production

Neil

Where on iSeries do you do this? It is not handled in normal TCP/IP
configuration, AFAIK. And it uses that special direct connect cable to J14

or J13 or whatever, which is not Ethernet. If you've made this work,
details, please.

Thanks
Vern

At 10:13 AM 11/25/2004, you wrote:
>You should be able to connect directly to the system with the default
>address using either a crossover cable, or a small hub/switch
disconnected
>from the rest of your network, then change the settings on the iSeries to
>use a different set of IP addresses.
>
>...Neil
>

>"Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>2004/11/25 08:31

>"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>cc
>
>Subject
>RE: I5 systems in production
>

> > 2. IP subnetting conflict - Ops Console direct connect insists on
> > a certain
> > subnet - 192.168.0.1 - .255, I think. If this is also your company's
> > internal subnet, Ops Console will not work. Either use a laptop or
other
> > machine not connected to your network, or change your network's entire
> > addressing scheme.  ;-)
>
>What?!  Our entire LAN is 192.168.0.x.  You're telling me that won't
work?

>--
>Jeff Crosby
>jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx