Joe,

>> I don't remember where I read it but I had set up the following PDM
>> options to launch CODE and Code/Designer.  I have recently loaded
>> the latest version of WDSC and would like to add an option for the
>> LPEX editor.  Is this possible?

> Even if this were possible, do you really want to do this?  Given the
> fact that the startup time for WDSC is often measured in tens of seconds
> (or longer!), do you really want to fire up WDSC each time you want to
> edit a member?

I know that WDSC is slower than molasses in January to start but once it
was loaded the time that it takes to load an individual member is
tolerable.

> Far easier, I think, would be to simply have WDSC always running on your
> workstation and then open the member using the table view, which has
> been mentioned many times in the WDSC mailing list (which is probably a
> more appropriate place for this discussion).

I've been using Code and Designer for the past year and typically leave
either one open once I've started it for the day.  If I choose the PDM
option to edit a member with code it just loads it into the existing
program and doesn't start CODE running a second time...  That's the
behavior that I'm looking for.  I know that you can navigate
libraries/files/members in WDSC but I find that the reason I want to
look/edit a member stems from a green-screen issue.  Since I've already got
at least one 5250 session open, and given the fact that I can type a heck
of a lot faster than I can grab a mouse and click I tend to start with PDM.
This has been working great with CODE but since CODE is an old dog at IBM I
wanted to give LPEX a chance.  The "i" in iSeries does stand for
"integrated" so I was hoping that they would have provided for the same
integration as with CODE.

I did think of the WDSC mailing list as possibly being more appropriate but
thought again that it was more of a PDM issue than an issue with WDSC.
Flip a coin, I suppose...

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571