Your message CPA0701 would be included under the message ID "class" CPA0700. If your system is the same as ours, the reply for this class of messages is 'D', which is not the reply you got.

Message ID classes are specified by using 2 or 4 zeroes. So CPA0000 would cover all message IDs that begin with 'CPA', and, in this case, CPA0700 covers all message IDs that start with 'CPA07'. This is the same concept as specifying message IDs on the MONMSG command or DSPLOG command. Look at the help in these various commands for more information. Also on the ADDRPYLE command.

Vern

At 10:54 AM 10/6/2004, you wrote:
Yes there is no entry for this message in WRKRPLYE........iam seeing this as weird..

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Muralidhar Narayana
        Sent: Wed 10/6/2004 8:50 PM
        To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: system reply

Iam actually investigating on the system replies taken for this paticular job.
I have a job XDYSODCHK.
When I do DSPJOB XDYSODCHK and take option 2 to see job definition attributes
it is shown as below:
Inquiry message reply . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *RQD

        But the message associated with the error on this job is CPA0701
        when I do
        WRKMSGD CPA0701 &
        Take 5. Display message attributes   it shows as below:

        Default reply  . . . . . . . :   C

I found when this job was on error, system has taken automatic Reply 'C' which caused finally not updating certain file on friday...

Iam now confused to determine whether system is taking automatic replies or not for this job as it shows differently as listed above?
I want to prevent this in future.....Can some one throw light on this?

        Thanks a lot for your help,