 Hi,

Here's the setup:

User A is on System A.

User A presses a function key.  In the background, User A is TELNETED to
System B (passing Use A's user profile and password with the TELNET command)
and User A is automatically logged onto System B,  automatically calling a
program on System B.

In general, this works without a problem every time.

However, on occasion, and often enough to begin to cause confidence
problems, System B will be running the initial programs for User A, and at
some point before it actually brings up the display screen for that user,
CPF5107 - Session Not Active will be issued by OS/400 and that user will be
dropped back to the signon screen, rather than into the program display.

It is not always the same program, and when it is, it is not always at the
same place in that program.  This leads me to suspect communication or
protocol errors.

I have checked the archives here and found a somewhat similar situation
where the person's QINTER subsystem was getting hung up. It was suggested
then that there might be a problem with the Ethernet versions between the
two systems.  I do not think that this is the problem here as this happens
between one home system and three target systems.

This happens probably one time out of every 100 or so, but when you have
hundreds of users going every hour, that means that overall, we are getting
a lot of signon screens when we should be taking the users into their
application.

I've searched IBM for PTFs too but cannot find anything for our Version and
Release.  (V5R2 going to V5R1 systems).

Short of calling IBM Support, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Shannon O'Donnell