From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: 07/15/04 13:45:06
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Capturing display file images for documentation

I'm trying to capture display file images with "real" data for
documentation.  My results are lousy: the JPG images, when pasted into a
Word document, look pasty (slightly fuzzy) even though they're 200K or more.

Client Access uses the IBM3270 font (8 x 18).  I'm using both ScreenPrint
Platinum 4.8 and SnagIt 7 to capture the images: they're both good products,
although SnagIt appears to have more tools.  I'm not using progressive
encoding on ScreenPrint.

The images seem to be sharper when I go to monochrome and reverse color.
The Client Access color scheme is the standard black background, and I
wonder if this isn't causing the problem.  I'm not planning on printing the
document, so I don't have to worry about black toner.

Does anybody have any suggestions for CAX/ScreenPrint/SnagIt settings?  Or
this there a better product/approach to this task?

Thanks,

Reeve