From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of guy.terry
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 2:21 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Problemette CWBCO1047

To analyse TCP/IP config - specifically the Frame Size - do a

CFGTCP

and then option 1.
Do a 5 next to the IP Address of your AS/400's network card. The Frame
size is the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit). What does it say? If it says
*LIND then:

Do a WRKCFGSTS *LIN
Find a one that is active with a job called QTCPIP
Do an 8 then a 5 next to the LIN associated with the QTCPIP job (it's the
top one of the three).
You should then see some info. about your AS/400's TCP/IP interface. The
Maximum Frame size is there.

Also, check the LINE SPEED and DUPLEX. What's the AS/400 network card
plugged into? If it's a manageable switch check that the port the AS/400
is plugged into is the set the same as the AS/400 network card. i.e. If
the port is set to AUTO, then the AS/400 should be the same. If the port
is set at 100MB FULL DUPLEX then the AS/400 should be set to that and not
AUTO.

To check routing, back at CFGTCP do an option 2. What routes do you have
defined?