Scott Klement wrote:

1) You could cheat and set up a DNS entry on your system for cwemail.com.
Lie to it and tell it that cwemail.com is an alias for
outgoing.verizon.net -- then e-mail for cwemail.com will automatically be
routed through outgoing.verizon.net.   It's an ugly hack, but it'd
probably work.

How is this different from
CHGSMTPA MAILROUTER('outgoing.verizon.net') FIREWALL(*YES)
Looks to me option 1 will get to outgoing.verizon.net and then outgoing.verizon.net will reject it as being relayed mail.

2) You could write a program to use in lieu of SNDDST that checks for
cwemail.com, and when that's the domain, connects to outgoing.verizon.net
to send it.  In any other situation, it could connect to your local SMTP
server and send it there.

And what is his program going to tell outgoing.verizon.net that the AS400 SMTP is not telling it.

Even if you meant go to cwemail.com mail server I do not see what his program could tell their mail server so it does not think it is spam.

I think he would be better off checking what kind of authentication verizion will accept. POP before SMTP or clear text would be my only hope (I am not that good at encryption) and then write a program to handle it.

Here comes the sales pitch: Jeff if you are willing to run SNDM
http://homepage1.nifty.com/uzaemon/ I am willing to sell you access to my SMTP server. Contact me off line jross @ netshare400.com

John Ross