From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Winchester Terry
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 11:45 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Model 170 for Personal Development

IBM.

OK, I'm a little slow here :(

If the hardware comes with the V5R1 CDROM and "proof of entitlement"
doesn't that mean I get the base licensed O/S software with it?  I
didn't think you had to buy anything additional from IBM to use
the operating system.  Maybe I misread what you wrote (not uncommon).

Of course, if I have to buy the SEU/PDM tools, then I assume it
would be necessary to contact IBM and pay the big bucks - which
is *exactly* what I'm afraid of :(

> That's on the small side, but it's big enough to do the green screen
> stuff you want to do.

Finally, some good news :)  Thanks for the feedback Michael.

Terry