I'm trying to use this to copy a text file in the IFS to a physical
file.
The data is fixed format.  The command tells me I need a field reference
file.  According to the info center it should look something like this

- (FROMFILE) field start and end positions.
 */ -FILE MYLIB/MYFILE */
 field1 1 12 13
 field2 14 24 0
 field3 25 55 56
 field4 78 89 90
 field5 100 109 0
 field6 110 119 120
 field7 121 221 0
 *END

My question is how  do I define somethine like this.  Do I just create a
text member ?

Michael Smith
iSeries.mySeries.