Hi Folks,

Have not done a whole lot with iSeries Navigator; been buried. We went from
a 620 running V4R5 to an 810 running V5R2 in September so previous to that
there wasn't much point. Well I am very interested in some of the stuff in
it now and am trying to use it. I get prompted to login and do that with a
profile containing *IOSYSCFG but I get an error box:

Unable to complete the connection to central system '172.16.10.11'

So am I missing something ? Is there some service that needs to be started ?

In the message "details" tab  it says:

To start the Management Central servers (QYPSSRV and QYPSJSVR) on an iSeries
server, you must have authority to use Management Central on that system.
Authority to start the servers requires *USE authority to the Start TCP/IP
Server (STRTCPSVR) command. The Management Central servers usually run under
the security officer (QSECOFR) profile.  If this profile is disabled for any
reason, the servers will not start.

1          In iSeries Navigator, expand My Connections (or your active
environment).

2          Expand the iSeries server that you are using as your central
system.

3          Expand Network.

4          Expand Servers.

5          Select TCP/IP.

6          Right-click Management Central and select Start.

You can also start the Management Central servers by issuing this command
from any OS/400 command line: STRTCPSVR SERVER(*MGTC).

Well I do that up to step # 6 and when I right-click Management Central at
the top of the tree there is no Start option.

So I use the OS/400 command and get:

Management Central Server job was not submitted.  Reason code 01.

Management Central Server job was not submitted.  Reason code 01.

MGTC server not started.

STRTCPSVR completed successfully; however errors occurred.

And reason code 01 is 01 - The QYPSSRV server job is already running.

So I guess it is already running ?

Thanks !

Chuck