The documentation is typically myopic - "IBM only" stuff is discussed. QNTC works with any NT+ boxes it can discover. And you can manually mount others that may not show up automatically. I forget the rules for discovery - different levels of MS networking work differently.

Look up QNTC in InfoCenter or at the iSeries support site (better, IMO). At the latter, just click on the search button without entering anything, then go looking for QNTC. Software knowledge base articles show up here, as well as InfoCenter stuff, etc.

There's also been quite a lot in the archives of this list.

HTH
Vern