Jeff,

Wish I could be of more help, but I don't actually have anything using IPP
yet.

Have you checked recommend PTFs?
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/10aab18fc58a76b486256838006ae1e0/1c
c2223a51d8dfda86256a5b005b098c?OpenDocument

If you've got all of those and have a support line contract, I'd go ahead
and call IBM.

Sorry, let us know what results you end up with.

Charles