Marty,

I'm trying to get a 150 working with ops console. So far I haven't
succeeded. The 150 was a free gift from someone who hasn't used it since
2000. I don't know which version of OS/400 it has on it - V3R7 or V4?? I
have tried putting an old version of Client Access or Personal
Communications on an old laptop with Windows 95 and 16Mb memory (which meets
the requirements apparently), I've configured the virtual modem and
downloaded DUN as  requested, but they still aren't talking. I'm just trying
to do a simple set up with the direct cable from the serial port of the PC
into the back of the AS/400. When I try to connect the log file shows
'caller's buffer too small', and I tried changing the 'modem' speed down to
9600 then 4800, still no joy.
Any ideas anyone??
Of course, I don't know the system name, or if it will be looking for a
particular previously configured PC name, or QSECOFR password, but I figured
I could sign on with DST and reset that.
Also I only have instructions for later versions - was the 150 different??
Many thanks for any light you can cast,

cheers,

Clare

Clare Holtham
Director, Small Blue Ltd - Archiving for BPCS
Web: www.smallblue.co.uk
IBM Certified AS/400 Systems Professional
E-Mail: Clare.Holtham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +44 (0)7960 665958