From: Fabrice Calmelat [mailto:f.calmelat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 January 2004 17:14
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: AFP - *OVL issue

Hi Vern,

The printer that will be used ultimately is a Lexmark Optra S2455. I've
tried to print on this printer as well as a Lexmark Optra T620 and an IBM
Printer.

Host Print Transform is set-up on the remote queue. Here's some more info on
the way things are set-up here as there might be something preventing the
overlay to be displayed. The spool file is generated on Machine1 and ends up
in a generic Outq. It is then changed to go in an outq (LASERS3) for which
the set-up reads as follows:

Remote System        = Machine2
Remote Printer Queue = LASERS3
Connection Type      = SNA
Destination type     = *OS400

The file is then sent across on Machine2. The description of the Q on
Machine 2 is as follows:

Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > LASERS3       Name
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   QGPL        Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Maximum spooled file size:
  Number of pages  . . . . . . .   *NONE         Number, *SAME, *NONE
  Starting time  . . . . . . . .                 Time
  Ending time  . . . . . . . . .                 Time
Order of files on queue  . . . .   *FIFO         *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO
Remote system  . . . . . . . . .   'LASERS3'     Character value, *SAME...
Remote printer queue . . . . . .   'PR1'         Character value, *SAME...
Writers to autostart . . . . . .   1             1-10, *SAME, *NONE
Queue for writer messages  . . .   QSYSOPR       Name, *SAME
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . .     *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Connection type  . . . . . . . .   *IP           *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX...
Destination type . . . . . . . .   *OTHER        *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2...
Host print transform . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
User data transform  . . . . . .   *SAME         Name, *SAME, *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Manufacturer type and model  . .   *WSCSTA4      *SAME, *IBM2380, *IBM2381,
Workstation customizing object     QWPLEXOP      Name, *SAME, *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . .     *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Image configuration  . . . . . .   *NONE         *SAME, *NONE, *IMGA01...
Internet address . . . . . . . .   *SAME         Character value, *SAME
VM/MVS class . . . . . . . . . .   *SAME         *SAME, A, B, C, D, E, F,
G...
Forms Control Buffer . . . . . .   *SAME         Character value, *NONE...
Destination options  . . . . . .   *NONE         Character value, *SAME...
Print separator page . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
User defined option  . . . . . .   *NONE         Option, *SAME, *NONE
User defined object:
  Object . . . . . . . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
    Library  . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
  Object type  . . . . . . . . .                 *DTAARA, *DTAQ, *FILE...
User driver program  . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Spooled file ASP . . . . . . . .   *SYSTEM       *SAME, *SYSTEM, *OUTQASP
Text 'description' . . . . . . .   *BLANK

                           Additional Parameters

Display any file . . . . . . . .   *NO           *SAME, *NO, *YES, *OWNER
Job separators . . . . . . . . .   0             0-9, *SAME, *MSG
Operator controlled  . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
Data queue . . . . . . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Authority to check . . . . . . .   *OWNER        *SAME, *OWNER, *DTAAUT

Please let me know if you can spot something that would need changing.

Thanks,

Fabrice.