This would be an easy thing to do without using FAX/400...

In my last job, we had a requirement to send out fax back order
confirmations to our customers.  Given the number of faxes to send and the
small window to send them in, it would have required a multi-line fax server
to handle.  Thus, we chose to go with an alternative solution; an internet
based email-to-fax service.

Using such a service along with iSeries email software that can attach
multiple IFS files to the email would be an easy solution.

HTH,
Charles