FWIW, I'm with David on this one. I like having a variety of lists to
choose from, and the ability to pick only the ones I'm interested in. Even
so, I get dozens of messages a day; if there were no filtering, I'd
probably get hundreds.

While in theory I'm interested in everything, in reality I don't have time
to wade through a lot of stuff that has zero relevance to my daily life. A
lot of people  have Java questions and tips, but I don't (yet) use Java,
so I'm not interested. For all I know, the BPCS and C/400 lists are very
popular, but I really don't know what I would gain from or contribute to
either of them.

In the end, though, I don't think it really matters what I like or don't
like. Bottom line: these are David's lists, and in return for all the time
and effort he puts into them I think it's only fair for  us to let him run
them the way he wants. . . .

Just my $.02 (but I think he's doing a great job)

Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>IMO -
>
>Does it REALLY matter where this subject gets discussed?
. . .

>In the end, it really doesn't matter whether we use 15 lists or 1 list to
>discuss a computing subject...

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.