Craig,

The cross-reference files basically track the characteristics of all
database files on your system.  They are an integral part of the system and
their integrity is important.  If your system crashed hard while these files
were being updated, it would be prudent to issue the RCLSTG command.  This
will completely rebuild the cross-reference files.  The system needs to be
in a restricted state when you issue this command.  On most modern systems
it doesn't take too long.  This is standard practice in recovering from a
hard crash.

If your system did not crash hard but went through an orderly shutdown, then
you could just monitor the logs to see if you get additional messages.  If
you do, then just issue the RCLSTG command.

If you are able to dedicate the system because you have no users on the
weekends for instance, running a RCLSTG every few months does no harm and
may do some good.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse