Charly,

We have a site that has been running on iSeries for about three years.
We started off on a little 170 behind an IIS server.  Dealing with IIS
proved to be more hassle than it was worth so when we upgraded to a 270
we simply gave the machine an external IP and it sat out on the Internet
for over 2 years all on it's lonesome.  Like Joe, we took lots and lots
of hits during NIMDA but the 400 just sluffed them off and ran like a
champ.

A couple of months ago we upgraded to a T1 line and as such had the
opportunity to redesign our network.  Since IIS and Microsoft are no
longer in our picture, we put the 270 behind our Linux firewall.  This
was mostly for our network admin's peace of mind... :-)

We use Apache and Tomcat, and the site is written in both RPG CGI and
Java Servlets.  All in all I think the iSeries is an excellent box for
hosting.  I will say that if you are going to serve a lot of images,
don't waste your DASD.  We serve about 20GB of images on our 400 site
but I store them all on a cheap Linux box.

And while I do have a separate Production iSeries, that is purely for
business reasons.

HTH,

Joel
http://www.rpgnext.com