From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:48:21 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: iSeries to another platform and back

To the list:

At our local user group meeting last night, I sat next to a lady who is
with a school district in suburban Chicago. She is being pressured by
people (who think they know systems) into abandoning the 400 platform.
Their BP is also hinting at abandoning the platform. Her question is this:
Does anyone have any horror stories (that they'd be allowed to share) of
organizations that have gone off on another platform, and then come back
to the 400. I told her the Microsoft story, and she thought it was
hilarious.

Any help you can provide would be well received.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978 Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Samuel L. Clemens (Mark Twain)