Bob,

If you can't save to V3R2 because of CISC then you can't save to earlier
versions of RISC.  Why?  The only things you should not be able to save to
CISC are programs that are not compiled for that environment.  And, if
they are not compiled for that environment, then the odds are very high
that they were only compiled to go back to 1 or 2 releases from the
current release you are running.

In summary, all of your programs will probably need to be recompiled.
Better run those reports that show you objects without source, before you
waste time doing your first save.

SAVOBJ OBJ(PTFLOADGO)
       LIB(ROB)
       DEV(*SAVF)
       OBJTYPE(*PGM)
       SAVF(ROB/ROB)
       TGTRLS(*PRV)
No objects saved or restored for library ROB.
F10=Display messages in job log
CPD6427-Message . . . . :   Object PTFLOADGO type *PGM cannot be saved for
the
  specified target release.
Cause . . . . . :   Object PTFLOADGO type *PGM is not compatible with the

  specified target release.  The earliest release for which this object
can be
  saved is V5R2M0.
Recovery  . . . :   Create the object again, specifying a target release

  compatible with the operating system release for the system where the
object
  is to be restored.

Benjamin Franklin

"Bob Kohlndorfer" <kohlnbob@xxxxxxxxxx>
10/15/2003 06:32 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Going from V5R2 to V3R7

I was told by someone at IBM that since V3R2 was CISC that I could not
save
to V3R2 from a V4R5 box and restore to V3R7.
I will certainly test the ability to go from a save on a V4R5 box to
target
release of V3R2 to a restore on V3R7.

Thanks,
Bob