Greetings!

Actually Joel is right; it is better to take the plunge if you want to try
Linux. A Pentium II with a good video card and 128 meg RAM will work great
with any Linux distro. You should be able to find those "doorstops" anywhere
for cheap or free. Use a KVM switch and you don't need to waste the cash on
an extra monitor...

If you have your heart set on keeping some windows programs, take a look at
http://www.codeweavers.com. Their product allows windows programs to run
natively in Linux. It's kinda spooky to see an IE icon on your Linux
desktop, but it works slick. Codeweaver supports Office 2000 and a version
of Quicken (I forget which). It has a 30 day trial period. There is also
http://www.winehq.org.

You're probably out of luck with OPSNAV, but you could try loading it on a
Linux box with the Codeweaver product or WINE to see what happens...

Good Luck,

Paul Stagnoli

> ------------------------------
>
> message: 5
> date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:02:54 -0500
> from: "Bob Cagle" <bcagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Linux Workstations
>
> I'm curious - how does the new Lindows OS stand-up to RedHat and the
> others?
>
> Bob Cagle
> IT Manager
> Lynk, Inc.
> 913-492-9202 x41

E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND
MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended addressee or have
received the e-mail in error, any use of this e-mail or any copying,
distribution or other dissemination of it is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete the e-mail. E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be
secure, error free or free from viruses. Exchange Bank does not accept any
liability whatsoever for any loss or damage which may be caused as a result
of the transmission of this message by e-mail. If verification is required,
please request a hard copy version.