Hans - there is a self-fullfilling prophecy going on in the marketplace.

Lack of promotion of iSeries by IBM, while actively promoting xSeries
(and pSeries less so) is perceived by Business Partners and customers
as a lack of support by IBM (even though IBM continues to enhance iSeries).

Therefore, the BPs and customers get nervous and move away, or will not
consider iSeries.

Therefore IBM promotes it even less....   and on and on...

IBM has yet to break the public perception of CIOs, CEOs etc that iSeries
(usually pronounced AS/400 is old technology).
EVEN WITHIN IBM this perception is rampant. I've had discussions with
Websphere people in IBM that have not a clue their product runs on an
iSeries.
(within last 6 months). How is the public supposed to know when even IBM
internally doesn't "get it".

Since IBM is the great "services" company, and their services technicians
are
primarily Win & Unix, then that is what they promote, irregardless of what's
best for the customer. In numerous proposals from Global Services,
NOT ONCE have I seen IBM first lead with an iSeries solution for an
iSeries shop.     Try "we sell what's best for IBM stockholders..."
jim