Hans,

At 9/9/03 08:08 AM, you wrote:
Malcolm Haines was at the Lansa user Conference as the keynote speaker.
He is a talented speaker and is very passionate about the Iseries.  I
believe he leads the marketing team?  He did say, IIRC, that there would
not be an Iseries TV commercial.  I think that decision was direct from
Armonk.

Personally, I think that makes sense. After all, what percentage of the average TV viewing audience is going to rush out to the store to buy an iSeries machine after watching a TV commercial? No, you want to put your ad money in places where you can be sure that most people who see your ad are actually in a position to buy your product.

1) Who says that CIO's and decision making managers don't watch TV? Or that brand name/line recognition wouldn't do it a world of good?

2) Why do we see more ads for the pSeries than the iSeries? I would say that they are almost direct competitors, yet are treated very differently.

-mark