Mike,

Actually, you are one of our customers. At least one of your subsidiaries.
We currently don't do EDI with you folks.

I studied the standards pretty intensely a few years ago. I try to adhere
to them strictly. But because some of our partners require non-standard
practices, we have to adjust. You know how it is: If Wal-Mart (only an
example, we don't deal with Wal-Mart) says they're putting their Purchase
Order number in N101 in an 850, who's gonna tell them that they can't?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|--------+------------------------------------------------------->
|        |          Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |
|        |          Sent by:                                     |
|        |          midrange-l-bounces+mwalter=hanoverwire.com@xx|
|        |          drange.com                                   |
|        |                                                       |
|        |                                                       |
|        |          08/14/2003 11:33 AM                          |
|        |          Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical |
|        |          Discussion                                   |
|        |                                                       |
|--------+------------------------------------------------------->

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                             |
  |       cc:
                              |
  |       Subject:     Re: Rather aggravating EDI/FTP question
                              |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Mark,

I do appreciate the rant.  In this case I'm the customer but just as
frustrated as you....

<rant>
Despite being the customer we've dealt with:

1.)  This is how everyone else does it
2.)  This is our standard
3.)  The AS/400 doesn't do it right
4.)  This is how everyone else programs it....

And effectively our management and customers have expected us to do it.
Which if it is indeed true I don't have a problem doing.  But if it
isn't....well I'm going to be one of those customers you might not like.
In the long run I want to understand what is normally expected because our
vendor is telling everyone else we changed (not bloody likely) and that it
is not standard (which I'd love to gain an understanding on).....

Regardless, I feel your pain....I'm the little fish and the vendor is the
big guy............
</rant>

Michael Crump
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

nothing."  Edmond Burke

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/14/2003 10:01 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion