Ken,

There are iSeries folks who progress with the times and those that do not, same
as any environment or occupation.

But when you open a conversation with:

?So what am I missing or is the iSeries really not capable of handling one of
the most basic tasks any simple PC based FTP server can achieve?

Continue on with:

?If the platform is more stable but not fast enough to perform the task in an
adequate time frame, then stability is a moot point.?

And:

?Too bad the iSeries still doesn't play well with others.?

What do you expect in the way of responses? You come out of the gate arrogant,
insulting and incorrect. Yet you seem to expect all responses to be without
emotion. Please . . . .

How many responses said we agree the iSeries is not the ultimate system for
every computing solution now and forever.

However, you are given your solution, reverse your original position:

?Once done the FTP throughput was more reasonable. Not as fast as other
platforms
deliver data but fast enough to make the process acceptable.?

Note, once you fix your configuration errors, the system is now acceptable.
Geese, who is ?the narrow minded? one around here.

.