None that I know of - for a fairly automatic process, I recommend the following:

1. Create a physical file with record length 136 (allows use of control characters) or 132
crtpf lib/text136 rcdlen(136)

2. Run an FTP script something like this (optional items in square brackets)

userid password
quote rcmd dspsavf lib/savf output(*print)
quote rcmd cpysplf qpsrodsp lib/text136 splnbr(*last) [ctlchar(*fcfc)]
quote rcmd dltsplf qpsrodsp splnbr(*last)
get lib/text136 savf.txt
quit

Note: You can run a batch file (xxx.bat) that builds the ftp script(echo commandtext > ftp.scr), then runs it, then deletes the script. You can specify input parameters to this batch file that could include userid, password, savf name, savf library name, etc. Check with your local DOS guru for more information.

Less automatic, I suggest running DSPSAVF OUTPUT(*PRINT) on the iSeries, then go to you PC and open OpsNav to Printed Output, then find and drag the QPSRODSP spooled file to your desktop - it'll have all the spacing adjusted that the control characters would show you.

BTW, I find it helpful to make a shortcut to thePrinter Output function of OpsNav on my desktop - just right-click on that item and thake the 'Create shortcut' item - great feature - you can do this with most items in OpsNav. (See? I do like some things in OpsNav! <g>)

There is no *OUTFILE option because the list of file members is limited to 5 per row, necessitating multiple rows (common data suppressed) for files with more than 5 members.

HTH

Vern