From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Sunday, July 27, 2003 10:56:31 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Why NOT the 400?

Frankly, folks the previous posting was correct, complaining here is a
waste of time.

I'm not even sure that if all of you queued up at mic's in Soundoff and
bitched away that it would make any difference. I think this decision on
direction isn't being made in Somers....

I'm as disappointed as all of you are when I look at today's Post want ads
and see all kinds of ads for unix and windows(endorsed by IBM for
business) ads, and nothing on OS/400...and that's been the continueing
trend for a LONG time....

Booth, other than a mainframe shop or 2, I don't hear much of anyone new
coming to the 400....I hear alot of how iseries sales are higher than
pseries, but then, they should be as iseries costs alot more than
pseries....and so many iseries folks are converting to pseries.... And,
even that won't matter next year...

heck, even IBM at the Websphere conf I just went to (which was really
decent!) didn't want to talk about "iseries"....they kinda insisted on
talking about OS/400.....

go figure folks...