We've always loaded iSeries Access service packs upon a w2k server.  Then
we would change our iSeries Access properties to point to that server on
the Service tab.  However we have an issue and IBM wants us to load
SI08894 and SI08895 to 5722XE1 on our iSeries.  According to:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/casp.htm
SI08894 is definitely a service pack.
Neither ptf is listed in SF97520 as of today.
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/2d3aff1c6b4d6ce086256453000d971e/7fc2699258b8a7c586256c2f000f7410?OpenDocument
The special instructions in the cover page for both SI08894 and SI08895
http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.NSF/a18db68aae4a7d81862566ba005d145c/8a4368d76ff6795086256d4b0068d9cf?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,si08894
http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.NSF/a18db68aae4a7d81862566ba005d145c/266df42d09b4aa9f86256d4b0068d9f9?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,si08895
say to NOT be applying any service packs or components of iSeries access
when applying these ptf's.  I -assume- that is because these ptf's would
be updating the service directory on the iSeries that the clients would
use to load the fixes from.  If so, what is the name of this directory?

Or, am I all confused and that there is a client side and a server side
for the same ptf?

Benjamin Franklin